Tanglu 3 (Chromodoris willani) Alpha released!
Posted by: Matthias Klumpp 2 years, 10 months ago
We are pleased to announce the release of the first development release of Tanglu 3, which includes Tanglu-KDE, Tanglu-GNOME and Tanglu Core!
This alpha release contains many exciting changes, most notably the inclusion of KDE Plasma Workspace 5:
It also contain the following highlights:
- systemd 219
- Linux 3.19 (will be updated to 4.0 soon)
- Parts of GNOME 3.16, we plan to ship the full thing soon
- Calamares as new default live installer for Tanglu
- All changes from Debian Jessie
When testing Tanglu 3 Alpha, please keep in mind that it is a development snapshot release and still contains many rough edges. We are interested in any input on the new release, especially the Calamares installer needs some additional testing. If you experience problems, you might find help on the forums - or simply report a bug.
Currently, we have some broken non-core packages in the development suite, you can view a full list of them here.
In case you get the screen shield on the live-cd, you can log in again using the password "live". We will disable the shield on the live-cds in future releases to resolve this issue.
You can get the development release from the following mirrors:
- releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/alpha [DE]
- mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/tanglu-releases/chromodoris/alpha [US]
- mirror1.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/releases.tanglu.org/chromodoris/alpha [DE]
- valentinovd.sollidi.us/iso/tanglu/devel/alpha1/30a1 [US]
We also continuously build snapshots of the current development state, and publish them here.
We love new contributors to Tanglu! So if you want to help, feel free to contact us via email to tanglu-devel, or via IRC #tanglu-devel (Freenode). There are a couple of non-coding tasks as well, e.g. we would need a new introduction slideshow for Calamares, and some help with the Tanglu web services.
We will also need a new wallpaper for Tanglu 3 soon.
Have fun with the new development release!Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
- Tanglu 4 (Dasyatis kuhlii) released!
- Tanglu 4 (Dasyatis kuhlii) Beta released!
- Upcoming: 2016
- What’s up in Tanglu?
- Tanglu 4.0 (Dasyatis kuhlii) Alpha released!
- June (1)
- July (1)